Swimming pools give homeowners a place to relax, exercise and entertain guests. A pool can be a great addition to any property, but these features require plenty of care and maintenance to keep them in the best shape possible. To combat algae and keep your water crystal clear all year long, it’s important to invest some time into swimming pool cleaning in Tucson, AZ.
Swimming pool maintenance schedules
Different pools require varying kinds of care at different times. The right frequency for pool cleaning will vary depending on the type of pool you have, its size, its frequency of use and other operational factors. When developing a pool cleaning schedule in Tucson, AZ, it’s important to consider the specifics of your pool. Take into account how frequently you use your pool, whether there are any trees nearby and what kinds of pool equipment you have. This information will help you create the most effective pool cleaning schedule.
There are lots of different aspects of pool cleaning that must be considered. To stay on top of all of the different tasks you have to juggle, it’s best to stick to a regular pool cleaning schedule in Tucson, AZ. Some tasks only need to be performed every two weeks, while others should be completed every two to three months. Here are some tasks that should be completed every two weeks:
- Shock treatment: Use a shock treatment every other week to keep the chlorine in your pool balanced. Depending on how much you use your pool and some other factors, you might not need to use a shock treatment as frequently. If you’re unsure about how often you should be using shock treatment, it’s a good idea to request a consultation from a professional pool maintenance technician who can offer advice and recommendations for your pool.
- Algae prevention: Algae prevention products improve the balance of pool water and keep algae from developing in your pool. You should use a quality algae prevention product on a regular basis.
- Debris skimming: Use a skimming tool to pull out leaves, branches, bugs and other debris that have fallen into your pool. If your pool is surrounded by trees, you might need to skim it more frequently to keep it clear of debris.
Here are the pool cleaning tasks that should be done every couple of months:
- Filter cleaning: Your filter should be cleaned with a filter cleaning solution and degreaser product every two to three months to get rid of grime and debris.
- Use a metal remover product: Every couple of months, treat your pool using a flocculant or metal remover. This product helps balance your water levels to keep your pool water healthy. A couple days after using this metal remover product, vacuum your pool.
Professional swimming pool cleaning in Tucson, AZ
If you’re looking for professional swimming pool cleaning services, reach out to Arizona Pool & Pond Company. We offer comprehensive pool services, including maintenance and swimming pool cleaning in Tucson, AZ. Our team will put together a maintenance plan and pool cleaning schedule that’s designed to meet your specific needs. Call us today for a free consultation and quote.