Above ground pools provide the perfect place to get some exercise, entertain family and friends or relax on your own. No matter how you use your above ground pool, it’s important to take some steps to make sure your pool is kept as clean, healthy and safe as possible. Unfortunately, there are a lot of common above ground pool maintenance mistakes in Tucson, AZ that can have a negative effect on the health of your pool.
Five most common above ground pool maintenance mistakes
Here are some of the most common above ground pool maintenance mistakes in Tucson, AZ and how to avoid them:
- Not paying attention to pool chemistry: One of the most common above ground pool maintenance mistakes is not paying attention to pool chemistry. Without routine testing and consideration of pH and alkalinity levels, it’s much more difficult to keep your pool water balanced. To avoid this problem, test your pool water regularly and use chemicals to adjust the pH and alkalinity and restore the balance of your pool water.
- Adding shock directly to the pool: A lot of people simply pour shock treatment directly into a pool, but this can cause damage to vinyl pool liners. Adding the shock treatment to a bucket of water first and allowing it to dissolve reduces the risk of damage to your pool liner.
- Neglecting pool cleaning: Vacuuming and brushing pools on a regular basis is very important to keep them clean and avoid an accumulation of algae and other debris that can contaminate the water. Use a brush to get rid of residue, and vacuum to remove debris to keep your pool water clean and clear.
- Shocking pool water during the day: Another one of the most common above ground pool maintenance mistakes in Tucson, AZ is shocking pool water during the day. Adding a shock treatment during the day is bad for pools because sunlight destroys the active chemicals. To make sure your shock treatment is as effective as possible, add chemicals to the pool in the evening so they have a chance to kick in before the sun rises.
- Running pool filters for short periods of time: Running a pool filter for less than eight hours a day is another common maintenance mistake that can have a negative impact on the condition of your pool water. The pool filter should be running for at least eight hours a day, and potentially longer depending on how much use your pool gets and the quality of your water.
Professional pool maintenance services
If you have more questions about how to avoid these and other common pool maintenance mistakes in Tucson, AZ, reach out to the team at Arizona Pool & Pond Company. For decades, our team has been committed to providing our customers with comprehensive pond, pool and spa products and services. No matter what your needs may be, our team has the experience necessary to assist you. Give us a call today to find out more about our services.