Are you looking for ways to transform your backyard into an oasis? We have a variety of options to choose from if you live in Tucson, AZ. Continue reading to learn tips about designing a backyard you’ll love: combining pools, ponds, and waterfalls.
Tips for Designing a Beautiful Backyard
Nice lawns and stylish patios can certainly make your house stand out, but not the same way pools, ponds, and waterfalls can. If you’re looking to give your landscape or yard a nice boost, try installing various water features. Not only are they beautiful to look at, but they are also peaceful to be around.
Fountains can be installed anywhere in your yard. You can even personalize it to your liking. However, consider the size of your backyard when searching for the best fountain to add.
Consider the following:
- Traditional Fountains: No matter the size of your yard, traditional fountains can be the perfect addition. They can be placed on your deck, patio, or backyard.
- Courtyard Fountains: These types of fountains can be perfect if your home is Spanish-styled or has a vintage look. Courtyard fountains can also fit in gardens, courtyards, and atriums.
- Water Blade Fountain: If you are looking to add a bit of a twist, consider a water blade fountain. They are alternative options to ponds and pools and can even be used as a freestanding feature.
Waterfalls provide a gentle rush for anyone looking to sit back and relax while they are outdoors. Waterfalls allow you to cool off when sitting next to them. They can also be upgraded to your liking.
- Water Wall: Water walls are a more modernized option for those looking for a feature that will quickly turn heads. They can be placed almost anywhere in your yard and even near your patio.
- Staircase Waterfall: If you are looking for something on a grander scale or have a smaller outdoor space, consider installing a staircase waterfall. They can provide an opulent touch to any garden or backyard.
- Small Rock Waterfall: If you are looking to add some movement to your outdoor space, you can easily do this by installing a rock waterfall using rocks, concrete, and fiberglass.
Ponds can provide a nice pool of water in your outdoor space. But, you can even add a few additional features to make your pond more impressive. For example, koi ponds are beautiful and feature awesome designs that allow fish to thrive. Or if you have children, consider adding a splash pad. If your children enjoy the water during the summer, they will enjoy having their very own splash pad in their yard. They are a safer alternative than a traditional pool.
How To Incorporate Water Features
There are various ways you can add water features to your outdoor space. You have many options as it solely depends on your preferences. Before choosing a water feature, consider the size of your yard, whether you require water supply, cleaning, and lighting.
They can be incorporated near fire pits if you have one, or even combined with your outdoor kitchen. Your options are endless when installing a new water feature. You just need to find what works best for you.